- SwagBucks Take surveys, watch videos & shop to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your free time. Just take online surveys, participate in Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
College students who put new steps into adulthood have very little experience with the credit cards and other types of credit cards. Their credit history is next to non-existent, so they need to apply for cards that don’t create a bad credit score. It becomes important for every student to create a good credit history.
There are various banking services, that give a special credit card for college students. These come in various types, visa student credit card, master card student card, and many others.
Which is the Best Credit Card for College Students?
- Which is the Best Credit Card for College Students?
- Final Thoughts
Students look at various ways to create a good credit history. The good credit card for college students has lower fees, lower APR and various perks only for students.
Though we suggest you do stay away from credit cards in later years. This is great as you can pay off your debts fast. However, if you’re for the student benefits, then we bring you the best credit cards for college students.
Journey Student Rewards by Capital One
Journey, ® Student Rewards of Capital One® is a low-fee credit card for college students that are best for students with adequate credit and an affinity for money back bonuses. Its most significant benefit is the cash back plan.
You’ll receive a 1% money back on all the things you buy and receive a 0.25% money back reward every month that you give your statement timely. You can retrieve your bonuses as a statement credit or check anytime, at any price.
Additional perks comprise an automated credit line raise after five months of on-time repayments, minimum fees, and the perks affiliated with Capital One CreditWise speciality – a substantial credit education means.
This is one of the great credit cards for college students, with good privileges. You can save money on many great terms with these benefits:
- No early payment reward.
- Receive unlimited 1% cash back on all suitable purchases. When you give your statement balance timely, you’ll perceive a 0.25% cash back reward.
- Reclaim your collected money back in several amounts, at any moment. You can also set your bonuses to balance to reclaim at $25, $50, $100, or $200, or on any pre-determined date.No yearly fee or international transaction fee. Delayed payments cost up to $38. Money advances require $10 or 3%, which is higher.
- No introductory APR.
- Capital One CreditWise feature comprises of a “what-if simulator.” Now, you may use this to foretell developments of your credit score and debt load based on potential financial actions and results.
The Discover it® Student Cash Back
The Discover it® Student Cash Back Card got equal privileges to the standard Discover it® Cash Back card. In particular, it has an excellent money back bonuses plan, unlike many credit cards for college students.
All that you purchase receives 1% money back, with no expense caps or restraints. Purchases in periodically rotating expenses categories (such as department store or gas station purchases) earn 5% money back, up to a $1,500 quarterly goal across all operating groups. Quarters start 1st of January, April, July, and October.
After the completion of your first year as a cardholder; Discover automatically increases all the money back you received over the past 12 months. You also get an additional $20 cash back each yearly, if your GPA remains above 3.0, for at least five years.
Features of the Cashback Card
One demerit is that Discover it for Students is suggested for students with good-excellent credit. So, if you have weak faith or irregular credit records, you’ll face difficulty qualifying for the card.
This is a among the decent credit cards for college students, with encouragement to keep your GPA above 3.0
No, conventional sign-up reward. Still, Discover automatically increases all the money back earned to double through your first year, with no limitations.
Earn 5% cash back in periodically alternating categories, max $1,500 in qualifying level spending per semester.
Also, other qualified purchases receive an unlimited 1% money back, inclusive of 5% category purchases above the periodical expense start. You can reclaim your collected cash back in anytime various ways
No annual fee. Balance changes cost 3% of the shifted amount. Money advance fee is the higher of $10 or 5% of the exceptional price. Moreover, there’s no international transaction fee or late fee for your first late payment.
0% purchase APR for half year and 10.99% balance shift APR for another half from the date of your initial transfer.
However, you need to make them inside three billing periods of your account’s opening date. Discover it for Students rewards you with a free FICO credit score each month.
Also, Discover’s Freeze It lets you turn off many account peculiarities, including the capability to do new purchases and money advances.
Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card
Wells Fargo Cash Back College Card is beneficial student money back card with, arguably, the most decent bonuses plans of every card on the list.
Six months after you inaugurate your account, you’ll receive 3% cash back on gas, groceries, and drugstores, plus 1% cash back on other available purchases. Later the first period lapses, you’ll receive unlimited 1% money back on all other available purchases.
That’s not the only opening promotion of the Cash Back College Card. For a year later you start your account, you’ll experience 0% APR on all suitable shopping — the most extended 0% APR introductory promotion on this list.
A good and simple among credit cards for college students, with substantial benefits.
- No sign-up bonus.
- Receive 3% money back on gas, groceries, and drugstores for the initial six months of your account’s opening. Also, receive an unlimited 1% money back on all additional eligible shopping from the first day. You can reclaim your cash back for various options
- No annual fee. Wells Fargo’s terms and conditions report for other charges.
- The Introductory APR: 0% purchase APR for a year.
- Wells Fargo banking clients enjoy exclusive account holder perks.
You may also like – 20+ Top Notch Ways to Get Free Gas Cards (Up to $100)
Citi Secured Mastercard
Citi® Secured Mastercard® is one more secured in credit cards for college students with privileges for students. To use it, you first need to deposit as small as $200 or as substantial as $2,500.
That security is similar to your credit limit and can’t be credited on your purchases. If you timely pay for 18 months, Citi may return your deposit and let you continue utilizing your card as a “normal” credit card.
Citi Secured Mastercard has moderately soft credit consent standards. If you have low or spotty credit, this is the best student card for you. Moreover, because Citi automatically reports your payment patterns to the three significant consumer credit recording agencies,
it’s also an excellent card for organizing credit. If you timely pay, your credit score is likely to improve. Though, the annual fee and comparatively high purchase and balance transfer APRs are notable disadvantages.
- Not the best among credit cards for college students, but it one of the better ones
- No sign-up bonus.
- This card has no bonuses plan.
- There is a $25 yearly fee. International transactions cost 3%. Money advances cost a higher of $10 or 5%, and excess transfers the higher of $10 or 3%. Late and rendered payments cost $35 each.
- There’s no introductory APR.
- The card has the equivalent Citi perks as the Citi.
Read more about How to Get Quick Money? 15 Super-Fast Ways To Make Money
State Farm Student Visa
State Farm® Student Visa® is a bonus for credit cards for college students by State Farm, the universal insurer. If you’re seeing for a spending boost that can quickly decrease your premiums charges for your auto and renters’ insurance policies, this card should be unique on your list.
However there’s no sign-up bonus here, the bonuses plan is pretty nice for State Farm policyholders: you’ll receive 3 points on every $1 paid on insurance premiums, that adds up to $4,000 yearly. Profits on other purchases aren’t exciting at all — just 1 point on every $2 paid.
A substantial one among credit cards for college students with adequate plans.
- No sign-up reward.
- Earn 1 State Farm Loyalty bonus point on $2 paid on qualified net purchases. Receive 3 points on every $1 spent on insurance premium fees with State Farm, up to $4,000 yearly. Points are redeemable on gift cards, merchandise, travel, and qualified State Farm products.
- No yearly fee. International transactions cost 3% of the entire transaction amount. Cash advancements cost greater of $10 or 5%. Balance transfers cost greater of $10 or 3%.
- No introductory APR.
- The card comes with Visa-backed benefits such as complimentary loss and damage coverage for rental cars paid in full with the card.
Capital One Secured Mastercard
Capital One® Secured Mastercard® is distinct from the credit cards written above – and not because membership isn’t limited to designated students. Before you start your expenses, you must make a cash deposit of $49, $99, or $200.
The deposit qualifies you to a credit line of anyplace from $200 to $1,000, depending on your creditworthiness. You can consequently increase your credit limit by making an extra deposit.
However, deposits can’t be credited upon your purchases – you still require to pay your bill each month, just as you would with a regular credit card. If you show a pattern of timely payments over many months, Capital One may increase your credit limit without demanding an extra deposit.
The greatest demerit of this card is its purchase APR, which is significantly higher than many other credit cards for college students. However, its fees are flexible, it’s open to students with weak or spotty credit, and the value-added perks of Capital One CreditWise are beneficial for students who want to track and develop their credit over time.
this credit card for college students is quite simple and easy.
- No early spend bonus.
- No rewards program.
- Also, No annual fee or international transaction fee. Cash advances cost a higher of $10 or 3%. Late fees cost up to $38 each.
- No intro APR.
- The card also has Capital One CreditWise.
Discover It Chrome for Students
Discover it® Chrome for Students is quite similar to the usual Discover it Chrome card. Its money back plan is a bit distinctive from the Discover it Cash Back card’s, though: on dining and gas purchases receive 2% money back, up to $1,000 in spending per semester.
Dining and gas expenses above this spending limit receive an endless 1%. All other purchases also receive an unlimited 1%.
Similar to Discover it for Students, Discover it Chrome for Students gives you $20 money back each year, if your GPA remains above 3.0, for five years.
No sign-up bonus, though Discover does automatically increase all the money back, you receive during your initial year.
You earn 2% cash back on dining and gas expenses, up to $1,000 in spending each quarter. Also, other eligible purchases receive an unlimited 1% cash back for make dining and gas purchases above the $1,000 quarterly expenses limit.
Now, you can reclaim in any amount of various options. A great credit card for college students and it gives encouragement, to keep a GPA over 3.0.
- No annual fee or international transaction fee. Dividend transfers cost 3% of the given amount.
- The cash increase fee is the higher of $10 or 5% of the advanced amount. There’s no fee on late payment for your first late payment.
- Also, 0% purchase APR for six months and 10.99% balance transfer APR for six months from the date of your first transfer. However, this must occur within three billing cycles of your account opening date.
- Enjoy a free FICO credit score and Freeze It account lock.
So, these were the best credit cards for college students, with the best privileges and perks all beneficial for all students and their ease.
Credit card issuers understand that, commonly, college students have limited money than adults with full-time jobs or work from home jobs freelancers.
Therefore, they tend to tightly limit how much their student clients can pay on their cards. Don’t assume your first student credit card to come with an exceedingly high credit limit, mainly if your only way of revenue is a stipend or work-study job. But you can try to increase your credit score by doing freelance online jobs in college time.
Choose a credit card for college student very carefully, keeping in mind, everything. APR, transaction fees, late fees, credit limit, but most importantly your income and source. You should also analyze all the perks you get with different student credit cards.
It was all for the best credit card for college students. Choose Wisely!