- SwagBucks Take surveys, watch videos & shop to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your free time. Just take online surveys, participate in Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
What’s better than earning a few dollars just going around the neighbourhood on your bicycle or car? Regardless of gender, age, or race, you can have a great time earning from enjoyable part-time work by becoming a ‘Dasher’ at DoorDash. How to make money using DoorDash in a day?
Let’s find out!
- 1 How much can a Dasher make in a Day?
- 2 Prerequisites And Requirements
- 3 What is DoorDash?
- 4 How Much Do Dashers Earn?
- 5 Expenses And Other Charges
- 6 Tips To Earn Good Revenue Using DoorDash
- 7 FAQs
How much can a Dasher make in a Day?
It is easy to earn an average of $18-$19 an hour using DoorDash. The higher limit, as quoted by various websites, can be upto $25 per hour, while the least you can expect is $10 for the same. It is even possible to earn around $1000 using DoorDash.
Even though the dasher can make such massive amounts within a day, there are various factors and elements of consideration that can help generate such DoorDash revenue for you. Check out these fantastic tips to understand how to make money with DoorDash. Who knows? It might just be the part-time job you need.
Prerequisites And Requirements
Before plunging into the actual job, it is essential to know the eligibility criteria to be passed to perform the job. To earn revenue using DoorDash, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be 18 or above.
- To ensure delivery, you must possess a vehicle (car, bicycle, scooter, or bike).
- Have a valid and legit driver’s license.
- Own an iphone or android with the Dasher app installed.
- Provide your social security number.
- Prepare for a background check on you.
- Have a vehicle insurance policy as per the state requirements.
With all these formalities done and out of the way, you are ready to start making money using DoorDash.
What is DoorDash?
DoorDash is a food delivery service offering customers easy access to their meals ordered online. It is functional and smoothly running in more than 4500 cities, providing employment.
How Much Do Dashers Earn?
If we believe the official statement of DoorDash, the dashers are paid $25 an hour on average. But realistically, various drivers have revealed that the average hourly pay is around $17-$18. This is the tip of the iceberg. Various factors govern the revenue earned by Dashers using DoorDash.
The base payment is the minimum assured amount you will earn to deliver that particular order. It is decided by factors like delivery time, distance to travel, etc.
The base pay may range from $3 to $5 per order.
You can be a full-time dasher, working 8 hours daily, or a part-time dasher, working 4 hours daily. This will eventually affect your pay.
The former may earn $136-$144 per day resulting in $4080-$4320 per month, while the latter may amount up to $68-$72 per day, equating to $2040-$2160 per month.
City of delivery
It has been observed that dashers in certain cities like Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, and Indianapolis earn around $23 per hour, resulting in $92 per day for part-timers.
Meanwhile, cities like Florida, Illinois, and Mississippi are not so generous, giving only $12 per hour, amounting to $48 per day.
Timing and Schedule
It is crucial to understand that customers are not always active, and thus you may not get many orders throughout the day. It is noteworthy that the payout is more during lunch, dinner, and sometimes late at night.
During these times, DoorDash has an active ‘Peak Pay’ feature that allows dashers to gain an additional $1-$4 per order.
Similarly, it is common to figure out that during weekends and events, the dashers will be in demand and thus receive more pay than usual.
Does an additional tip from the customer not make you feel good or motivate you to keep up the good work? Lucky for you, a customer tip is a substantial monetary advantage for a dasher. The fact is, you get to keep all the tips for yourself for the orders you accept.
The tips may range from $3 to $4, which adds to your final order payment.
In summary, the revenue earned using DoorDash is a total of the above factors.
Final Payment = Base Pay + Customer Tip + Peak Pay.
Expenses And Other Charges
Although you can make good money using DoorDash, you are not spared from the expenses and charges. These are to be borne by you solely and thus deducted from your overall earnings.
First of all, the taxes. Since you are freelancing, you are required to pay your taxes. Since DoorDash pays you weekly, you can easily calculate your income, and I suggest you keep 40% of the earnings aside for the taxes.
Next is wear and tear. Regular use of vehicles means maintenance, which requires money. Also, don’t forget about your license expiry and insurance charges.
Lastly and most notably, the fuel charges. It is estimated to cost $35-$40 for a long drive in a day. So be sure to account for them while making the final calculations.
Tips To Earn Good Revenue Using DoorDash
- Always try to select a good-paying location nearby your residence. Even if you must travel a few miles, don’t hesitate as it will be beneficial later.
- Try to schedule your time and book your time on the app before they get occupied. It would be great if you could deliver during lunch and dinner.
- Customer Relationship is the key to better tips. Be polite and on time during the delivery. If there is some delay, let the customer know that your tip is not affected.
- If you intend to make good money, you must hustle. Sometimes you must stay home or deliver with a bonus and high tips, e.g., Peak Pay.
- Participate in challenges on the Dasher app. Many times specific challenges like ‘Deliver 30 orders this week to get a $45 bonus may pop up. Do not miss them.
Is it possible to make $1000 per month?
Yes, it is possible to earn up to $1200 if you follow the above tips and schedule your timings.
Is DoorDash an excellent way to earn money?
DoorDash is one of the best ways to earn money as it provides flexible scheduling and weekly payment.
How much can I make in a week as a part-timer?
Working part-time, you can make upto $90 a day if you pick the proper orders in a suitable locality.